Friday, January 11, 2013

A Day for Sharing: Friday Favorite and Teaching Blog Circle

I know this post comes a little late on a Friday...but the day just seemed to get away from me!  As things are finally quieting down and I can take a breath, I see it's after 8:00 already.  Yet, I can't hunker down for a night of movie watching with my hubby without taking a moment to share two fabulous finds with you.  One is officially my Friday Favorite - a little something I found and posted to my Facebook page earlier this week.  The other is something that kinda found me, and I'm so thankful.  Both are things that I hope will inspire you.

First, I have a name for you.  It's one to remember, as it is the name of a boy with a heart of gold who has taken the mere words, "Stand up against bullying," and has acted on them.  He started a movement that has touched the hearts of those in his high school, his community and now thanks to NBC's Today, has inspired the multitudes.  His name is  Jeremiah Anthony.  He is a high school student who decided to show it's just as easy to tweet compliments as it is to spread hurtful comments through social media. He's been an inspiration in his school's community, and serves an a beautiful example of compassion for all of us. Nicely done!  Take a moment to click the link above and watch his story.  At a time when it seems difficult for the media to find and report on simple examples of human kindness, it made my heart happy to see Jeremiah's story.  Think about how you may be able to share this clip with your students. 

Secondly, I would like to share with you that I was the recipient of an act of "bloggy" kindness earlier this week.  It made my day when I saw this comment on my last post:

"I just shared your site with my daughter's middle school teacher :)
You have a special place in the heart of the Teaching Blog Circle! I invite you to stop by and learn more... Your blog has inspired and helped me :)"
Tracey
The Teacher's Chair


Thank you, Tracey!  This gesture was so appreciated, and I look forward to passing along the love to some of my favorite bloggers who have taught me so much - without even knowing - and continue to inspire me every day.  
Be sure to stop by Tracey's blog, The Teacher's Chair, to learn more about this award and her other creative ideas and resources.
Ok.  My hubby has gotten our little man to bed and I can hear he's just finishing reading the last story before "lights out."  I don't want to miss out on the goodnight smooches! :-)  Be sure to leave a comment about any of the above, or something that you found this week that is a favorite of yours.  I would love to learn about it!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the idea of sharing a Friday Favorite! You should make it a linky party! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erin, thank you for stopping by my blog! I'm only about 4 months into this, and although I've taken part in many linky parties, I actually haven't done of my own yet. Thank you for the idea! This could be a great weekly one to have. I just set up an Inlinkz account, and exciting things may happen as early as next Friday. Lol Thanks so much for the awesome inspiration! I really appreciate it.
      Stephanie

      Delete
  2. Stephanie...now you made MY day. It is so inspirational to see middle school blogs and I have a tremendous respect for middle school teachers. I was so touched by the information about Jeremiah Anthony. It is so encouraging to see something like that in these times of scary cyber bullying. I will share this with my daughters. Good luck with the Friday Linky - I am in! I may need a shout out to remind me lol. I'll throw it out there on my FB for you too! Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracey! The post explaining the Linky is up...to being 1/18!! I'm a little nervous about it, but hopefully it will work. Lol I love the idea of sharing ideas, so fingers-crossed it takes off!
      Stephanie

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...