Sunday, March 3, 2013

March Currently

Holy March Madness, Batman!  It's the third month of 2013 already?  Where are the days going?  Seriously.  It may be because my son seems to be growing up right before my eyes.  It may be because the 3rd season of Downton Abbey just ended way too soon - and in a shockingly horrific fashion - as I was just getting the story line figured out.  It may be because I will be leaving my 30s behind this year and turning the BIG 4-0 over the summer.  I just don't know...but things are moving a little too quickly lately!

The good part about starting a new month, however, is that Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade has created another Currently!  Here is mine for March:


LISTENING  - our son's favorite movie changes from time-to-time, but since Dr. Seuss' birthday yesterday, we have watched The Lorax 87 times. :)  He knows all of the lines and says them with the characters, which is cute, but nothing compared to a 6 year old dancing around and belting out, "How baa-a-a-aaad can I be?  I'm just doing what comes naturally."  Hysterical!

LOVING - our new healthy banana oatmeal cookie recipe.  Only 3 ingredients...plus we added chocolate chips.  Still pretty healthy, though!  Here's a link to the recipe if you are interested:  Skinnytaste Healthy Cookies.  You'll love them, too!

THINKING - about March...see my introduction.  Enough said. ;-)

WANTING -  to look into National Board Certification.  I'm thinking more and more about going down this road.  I know it's a huge investment in time, and it would prove to be a challenge to find a balance between work, study and family time.  I may wait until our son is a little bit older...but I am definitely feeling that I am interested enough to begin investigating my options.

NEEDING - I found a meme this morning that read, "My blood type is COFFEE."  Could not be truer, my friends.

LIKE, LOVE and HATE:  This month Farley asked us to use the first letter of our first names for this category.  My letter is "S" since my first name is Stephanie.  This led to my picks of "spaghetti squash," (yummy alternative to pasta), "son's smile" (sweetness) and "sickness" (Hate is tough for me, as I instantly hear my mom's voice in my head, scolding me for using a very strong word as soon as I think about it. Sickness is something that I can say I feel that strongly about.)

I love this idea and the opportunity it gives me to think, write and share with you.  Be sure to go to Farley's linky party to learn about other bloggers...some may be your favorites that you already follow and some may be new to you.  Either way, there's lots of fun reading there!




Enjoy!

15 comments:

  1. Hey Stephanie! I think it's funny that yours is the post right after mine since I already follow you! haha

    I want to see the Lorax. My boyfriend has a strange aversion to children's movies, so I haven't been able to convince him to watch with me. We need to hurry up and have kids so I have an excuse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Erin! Let your boyfriend know that this was the first time we watched The Lorax with my parents...and my dad stayed awake the entire time! That's as good as any "2 thumbs up" from any well respected movie critic...OR it could have been because of the sugar rush after he ate a few of the white chocolate dipped marshmallow Truffula trees that we made. Either way - good times! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Hi Stephanie,
    I just came across your blog on the currently linky and I'm a new follower. I'm in need of a big extra cup of coffee right now too! This house is waiting to be cleaned and I think coffee is the only thing that can help me! Hope you are having a great Sunday!
    -Marie
    Beach Lovin' Teach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Marie! Thank you so much for following me! I love Farley's Currently linky. I linked up once just before the holidays, and in the craziness that comes along with that time of year, I kind of forgot about it. I just found her again and couldn't wait to try out March's. So glad that I did...it's really fun!

      Delete
  3. I found you through Currently. Spaghetti squash sounds interesting - will definitely be googling that! I've never seen the Lorax but I love the story. I may have to watch the movie too! Hope you have a great week!
    Liz
    Teaching in the Valley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Liz! I'm so glad you found my blog. I just visited yours as well and I think I may be your newest follower! I'm looking forward to seeing how the rest of your 1st year goes for you; I know it's a crazy time, but you seem to be taking it in stride. I loved your Top 5 post - those are good things we all need to remember, no matter how long we've been teaching! I hope you do try the spaghetti squash - so yummy! Be sure to cut it in half (carefully...they're kinda hard to cut - but worth the effort)and roast in the oven. The microwave recipes work, too, but I don't think it comes out as well. Enjoy! :)

      Delete
  4. I'm gonna have to try that cookie recipe. I'm turning the big 4-0 this year too. I'd be fine with the whole thing if it weren't for the fact that turning 4-0 seems to mean that I have to choose either no cookies or only the "skinny recipe" kind. :)
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kim! Oh, boy...do I hear ya. I used to have a metabolism, I know I did. I just don't where it went. =/ The good news is the banana cookies are so good for you, but don't taste it at all. My picky 6 year old wolfed down 2 and reached for a third. I went to stop him...then remembered this was probably the most potassium he's had in a while since he won't bananas or potatoes...EVER. It's a win-win. Lol

      Delete
  5. Hey Stephanie! I spotted you on Farley's Currently and thought I would stop by. I LOVE spaghetti squash too! And thank for the recipe. You are the best!

    Tina
    Crofts' Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Tina! Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope all is well! :)

      Delete
  6. Hi! It is always nice to find another middle school teacher. Thank heaven's for Farley and her linky. I can't wait to try your cookie recipe and follow you and your middle school adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I love meeting other middle school teachers, too. I get just as excited as I do when I meet someone else who is left-handed as well. These are both instant bonds! :)

      Delete
  7. I found your blog through The Teacher's Chair's giveaway! I am your newest follower :)

    Rae
    Mindful Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Rae! Thank you for following my blog; I just may be you're newest follower, too. :) Best of luck on the giveaway!

      Delete
  8. I"ve been thinking of National Board Certification too. I"ve been following your blog for a bit and love the ideas I get here.

    Amanda
    http://drkilgore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...