Friday, November 9, 2012

Friday Favorite - The First Thanksgiving

Happy Friday!! I've been looking at lots of great teaching resources this week, but my favorite find is what I share with you today. I happened to see a preview for this on Scholastic Teachers' Facebook page. Scholastic has a whole series focusing on virtual field trips with The First Thanksgiving as a theme. It's fantastic!! For anyone looking for resources to use for supplementing any thanksgiving reading or writing lessons in the next week or so, please take the time to check this out:

The First Thanksgiving Student Activities for Grades PreK-12 
 http://www.scholastic.com/scholastic_thanksgiving/

You'll find a variety of different resources, including high-quality videos that recreate the events that transpired in the creation of that very Thanksgiving so many years ago.  In my search, it looks like the newest video about the Mayflower is coming soon, and if the preview is any indication, I can't wait to see it.  I know that students in middle school would love it!

Take a look and let me know what you think.  I hope you find it helpful!  In the comments below, please consider sharing any ideas you may have for using it in your lessons next week.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...